Serving Patients of Erwin, Jonesborough, and Greeneville, TN
At Tusculum Dental Care, we believe that we can best help our patients through pre-emptive procedures that keep oral health issues from developing or diagnose and treat them in their early stages before significant damage has been done.
We support the American Dental Association’s recommendation that everyone should visit their dentist in Greenville at least once every six months (or more, depending on your oral health needs) to receive a maintenance cleaning and examination. These cleanings remove tartar and plaque from teeth that you simply cannot remove through brushing and flossing at home. During the examination portion of your visit, we will assess your oral health for any concerns or changes that may need to be addressed. This is also an ideal time to discuss with us any oral health concerns that you may have.
Other preventive care services offered at Tusculum Dental Care include:
- Sealants – Effective in helping protect against tooth decay, these non-toxic plastic coatings are applied to seal the cracks on the chewing surfaces of teeth, providing an additional barrier against bacteria and plaque.
- Fluoride Treatments – Ideal for anyone, fluoride treatments protect your teeth against tooth decay. Usually recommended for patients under the age of 18, adults also can benefit from this preventive treatment. We offer in-office applications or can provide you with custom trays and fluoride gel to use at home.
- MI Paste – This milk-derived protein based crème releases calcium and phosphate to help fortify dental enamel and reduce sensitivity. It can be applied at home by the patient and takes only a few minutes per treatment.
- Mouth Guards– Protects your teeth against the effects of bruxism, which occurs when you clench and grind your teeth while sleeping. Our custom-made mouth guards fit more comfortably, and provide superior protection compared to the store-bought kind.
- Sports Guards – Worn while playing sports, a custom-made sports guard can protect the player from tooth avulsion, or lacerations to the mouth, lips, or cheeks as a result of a facial injury.
- Digital X-rays are one of the most helpful diagnostic tools at our disposal. Digital X-ray technology provides clearer, more precise images while exposing patients to a mere fraction of the radiation emitted by traditional X-ray machines.
- Technology is used in diagnosing and treating our patients. Our use of other advanced technologies such as conebeam X-ray, as well as soft tissue lasers, allows us to provide elite dental care to our patients, and in less time and discomfort than in the past with traditional methods.
- Digital Impression System – Gone are the days of using that sticky goop for taking impressions for crowns, dentures, veneers, and more. Our digital impression system takes a digital scan of your teeth; the scans are later used to fabricate dental restorations or for orthodontic purposes such as for Invisalign.
General Dentist in Greeneville
You can trust the team of professionals at Tusculum Dental Care to care for your oral health. Call our office at (423) 639-7575 to schedule a consultation.
Tusculum Dental Care is proud to provide total oral health care for patients in the areas of Greeneville, Jonesborough, and Erwin, Tennessee.